Change can be simple.
Do you ever catch yourself saying “Change is hard” or
You don’t even contemplate changes because they feel overwhelming?
Are you too busy to make positive changes in your life?
I have great news for you. Change does not need to be hard and YOU have the power to make it simple or as complicated as you want.
There are few things that can make changes hard:
- Goals are not clear
- No energy
- Poor planning
- Lack of execution
- Too much, too fast
- No meaning
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of criticism
- Stuck in the past
These are just few examples of what makes most people say that changes are hard. As usually, on my coaching I explore what is underneath statements like that. That is how I am able to coach my client effectively, by helping them to get closer to their truth. Once they know their truth, they are more clear and compelled to change. You can apply the same principle. What is hard? And why is hard?
Here are few strategies to help you making changes easier for you:
- Get clear with your vision, goal and values
- Make a plan
- Hire a coach, trainer or other professional you need
- Ask someone to hold you accountable
- Adopt one new habit at the time and be consistent
- Eliminate one bad habit at the time (day, week, month)
- Be compassionate with yourself
- Know your “why” change so motivation and discipline can be triggered
- Spend 15 min/day educating yourself about the area you are trying to make changes like books, podcasts, online courses and videos.
- Surround yourself with people who encourage you to change and grow.
Peace and Love, Alex.